Friday, October 21, 2011

"I love this song!": the birth of the EGRs

For my 40th birthday party, the party I repeatedly insisted that I did not want, my husband made me a "mix tape". It was supposed to be my top ten favorite songs of "all time". But of course I couldn't limit myself and gave him 11 songs. Even though I knew about the CD, every time the next song would come on during the party, I couldn't help but exclaim "I love this song!". Maybe it was the tequila. Nah, it was the tunes.

It was really the highlight of the evening and the start of my EGR playlist obsession collection.

That first CD gave birth to a volume 2, because of course I had lots of "most favorite songs" that I had collected over the years, dating back to college and even high school. The idea was to not repeat any artists from one collection to the next. Of course to get by that rule, I did put together a "B-sides" playlist, of my second favorites.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. My intent for this blog is go past the simple collection of tunes on a disc. I present to you now, the EGR playlist as videos. Granted, some are still just audio, but this is a project I've been wanting to put together for quite some time now, as a way of sharing my life's various soundtracks over the years. And this way, I don't ever have to worry about getting my CDs back after lending them out. ;)

EGR v.1

1. Enid - Barenaked Ladies [Stunt]
2. When the World Ends - Dave Matthews Band [Everyday]
3. Center Of Attention - Guster [Lost and Gone Forever]
4. Drive - Incubus [Make Yourself]
5. Just a Girl - No Doubt [Tragic Kingdom]
6. It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - R.E.M. [Document]
7. Tempted - Squeeze [East Side Story]
8. Spanish Dancer - Steve Winwood [Arc of a Diver]
9. 5:15 - The Who [Quadrophenia]
10. You Get What You Give - New Radicals [Maybe You’ve Been Brainwashed Too]
11. Hands Clean - Alanis Morissette [Under Rug Swept]

No comments:

Post a Comment