Friday, October 21, 2011

my turn to make one

So now that the first one had been made, it was my turn to create a collection. But how do I decide which songs, and in what order? Since my musical taste had never included disco nor rap, I always found it ironic that I liked Blondie's iconic track "Rapture". So why not completely go for broke and start off my first foray into mix-tape making by having that be the leading track?

Now my rule was there was only to be one song per artist over all the collections of EGRs. But as we see here, I've got Sting as a solo artist as well as The Police... also a Pete Townshend track as well as a song by The Who. Eh, rules, shmules, they're different artists, ok? Oh, and didn't I already have a track by The Who in the original EGR collection? Oops, nobody's perfect, oh well.
 
EGR v.2

1. Rapture - Blondie [Autoamerican]
2. Watching the Detectives - Elvis Costello [My Aim Is True]
3. Out Of My Head - Fastball [All the Pain Money Can Buy]
4. Breakout - Foo Fighters [There Is Nothing Left to Lose]
5. Don't Come Around Here No More - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers [Southern Accents]
6. In Your Eyes (Live) - Jeffrey Gaines [Always Be]
7. Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townshend [Empty Glass]
8. FM - Steely Dan [Gold]
9. Deadbeat Club - The B-52's [Cosmic Thing]
10. Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers [Californication]
11. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police [Ghost in the Machine]
12. Don't Tell Me - Madonna [Music]
13. Brand New Day - Sting [Brand New Day]
14. Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls [Dizzy Up the Girl]
15. Mysterious Ways - U2 [Achtung Baby]
16. Love, Reign O'er Me - The Who [Quadrophenia]

No comments:

Post a Comment